London or Manchester
We are currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Web Developer to join our busy design and marketing teams on a variety of events websites. You will support the team, troubleshoot and fix all company websites whilst also being involved in development projects with the Lead Web Developer. Ideally this role is will be based in London but we are flexible and can be based in Manchester either.
Since 1997, Govnet has consistently delivered innovation, thought-provoking and insightful events, ranging from conference and exhibitions to training courses and forums. All of which are specifically for the Public Sector.
For almost two decades, we have provided unrivalled access to reliable and up to date information and created a platform where leading experts, high profile speakers and public sector employees can network, form partnerships and work towards a common goal.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will ideally have experience in a client facing role with creative and marketing teams, possibly from a digital agency background. This role could suit someone coming from a junior developer role or with 1-2 years’ experience wanting to progress.
- You will be responsible for dealing with requests from design and marketing teams
- Troubleshooting and fixing across all company websites
- Supporting the Lead Web Developer with any development projects.
- Setting up new websites from templates
- Working closely with IT on hosting matters and technical documentation.
- Excellent experience with WordPress
- Experience with SASS / LESS
- Experience working in a small team or alone on projects
- PHP experience
- Basic Linux administration
What we offer in return:
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market.
Whilst offering a competitive salary, holidays, great hours of work, childcare vouchers and a pension, in return we also offer an inviting work environment, working at impressive central office locations, developing yourself within an established team of professionals and creating a career fully supported by a reputable fast growing company.
The closing date for applications is: 30th December 2018