Senior Sales Executive/Key Account Manager
GovNet are Britain’s leading public sector events and publishing organisation. We are comprised of several divisions covering events, seminars, expos, training courses and publications.
To drive strategic growth and bring on Key Accounts through new business.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Drive strategic growth through new business and high profile key accounts
- To ensure all business is transacted at optimal margin levels
- To develop and maintain complex deals both through exhibition and sponsorship sales
- Build client relationships in order to drive client outcomes and ensure overall growth of the exhibition
- Research & understand the market sector in order to drive the events success through sales and market intelligence
- Be fully conversant with a range of our products
- Attend competitive events and industry trade shows for business development
- Be able to develop and deliver accurate pipelines, sales reports within weekly sales meetings and project meetings
What we are looking for:
- Must have solid sponsorship & exhibition sales experience and able to sell at top level to high profile blue chip organisations
- Ideally someone with experience focusing on new business in the public sector, healthcare, education or housing although this is not essential
- Possess strong knowledge of sales processes and structure, be able to research and source your own leads under little supervision
- Highly commercial with a consultative edge
- Proven track record in organising communication campaigns, marketing materials, integrated campaigns and experiential activity
- A confident communicator across all channels including face to face
- A decision maker, flexible and able to work at pace within a highly demanding and at times pressurised environment
- Reaching and exceeding weekly average targets as set out by the Head of Sales
- IT literate across multiple systems to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Driven sales person who is adept at closing
- The ability to understand business issues and identify new opportunities
- Effective organisation and time management
Working with us
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market.
Despite offering a highly competitive salary, uncapped commission, holidays, great hours of work, childcare vouchers and a pension scheme, in return we offer a dedicated sales development plan (against targets), working at impressive central office locations, developing yourself within an established team of senior sales professionals, whilst developing a sales career fully supported by a reputable fast growing company.
We take pride and excellence in what we do and to ensure this is maintained, we also offer full training on our company background, market sectors, events, sales training, lead sourcing and research, and ongoing support to ensure you succeed in your development.
The closing date for applications is: 30th September 2017