Senior Programme Manager
GovNet are Britain’s leading public sector events and publishing organisation. We are comprised of several divisions covering events, seminars, expos, training courses and publications.
We are recruiting for an experienced events professional to play a pivotal role in the programme team for the GovNet Conference division. You will be working in a positive, exciting environment within a fast-paced and growing business. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced event content/research professional who wishes to drive the growth of a thriving and expanding sector.
The GovNet Conference Division
GovNet Conferences, a division of GovNet Communications, currently organises 20 high-level conferences per year, all of which currently focus on public sector policy within the justice, education, healthcare, technology and central and local government sectors. All of our conferences currently take place in central London across a range of high-profile venues and delegates attend to hear high-quality content delivered by policy makers and senior speakers from across the public sector.
Main duties and responsibilites:
- Responsible for in-depth industry research via telephone, online and in-person to ensure that the conference content, speakers and topics align to market wants, needs and developments
- Source, engage and confirm key public sector speakers and organisations
- Work with the Marketing Manager to build accurate event audience profiles, and utilise these to inform produce details marketing and sales briefs
- Working with Head of Programme to allocate resources throughout the year ensuring the team are working to their strengths
- Produce detailed competitor checks for each conference that you manage
- Develop and maintain close and effective relationships with partner organisations, clients and speakers from both public and private sectors, with a view to increasing collaboration
- Develop and build close and effective relationships with internal marketing, sales and operations teams
- Participate in client and stakeholder facing meetings as required by the Head of Programme
- Collaboratively work with session sponsors to create a session that meets client objectives as well as delegate needs
- Play a key role in the development, delivery and proofing of conference collateral (event guide, sales brochure, website copy)
- Advise on segmentation and different drivers for attendance across target audiences
- Support marketing team on content marketing initiatives which involve speakers such as blogs, Q&A’s and insight pieces
- Management of key event deadlines and targets
- Manage individual event budgets for conferences you are working on
What we are looking for:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience)
- At least an 18 month proven track record of event or conference production
- Strong commercial understanding and ability to understand the commercial implications of public policy
- Strong research skills and ability to quickly digest new information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write convincing commercially focused copy for a range of mediums
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to network confidently and competently, often with senior stakeholders
- Experience of using content management systems (websites)
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines and targets
- Experience of working effectively within a matrix team structure
- Self-motivated, professional and focused in all aspects of work
- The ability to thrive in a challenging, fast paced and high pressure environment
- The ability to research and develop the content for multiple events concurrently
- Interest in and understanding of public policy
Working with us
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market.
Whilst offering a competitive salary, holidays, great hours of work, childcare vouchers scheme and a pension, in return we also offer an inviting work environment, working at impressive central office locations, developing yourself within an established team of professionals and creating a career fully supported by a reputable fast growing company.
The closing date for applications is: 30th April 2018