Senior Marketing Executive
GovNet are Britain’s leading public sector events and publishing organisation. We are comprised of several divisions covering events, seminars, expos, training courses and publications.
We are looking for a career driven individual to join our Marketing team in GovNet Events the Conference division of GovNet Communications. GovNet Events runs a wide-ranging portfolio of Conference and Exhibitions on all areas of public policy.
A Senior Marketing Executive will be in charge of delegate acquisition across GovNet Events portfolio of Conference and Exhibitions. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent skills in email marketing, copywriting and understanding of the full marketing mix.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for delegate acquisition across our event portfolio
- Formulating and executing strategic marketing plans
- Writing marketing copy; html and text based email marketing campaigns
- Identifying data target markets
- Suggesting social media avenues
- Liaising with key stakeholders
- Analysing the overall effectiveness of marketing campaigns
What we are looking for:
- Minimum two years’ experience in event marketing, ideally paid for conferences
- Highly competent and efficient copywriting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience of the full marketing mix
- Proficient in a wide range of marketing tactics
- Great team player with an ambitious and positive attitude
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets and work under pressure
- Strong work ethic with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience in any email marketing software
- Understanding of websites and content management systems
- Experience of SEO, web and social media analytics
- An interest in the public sector
- Marketing qualification or similar
Working with us
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work, in a fast growing company dedicated to providing the highest quality services and events. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and we offer a competitive salary, holidays, childcare vouchers and a pension scheme.
The closing date for applications is: 31st July 2017