Senior Content Manager – Schools & Academies Show
GovNet is recruiting for an experienced Senior Content Manager to lead the research and partnership engagement for the organisations two flagship events; The Schools & Academies Show London and Birmingham.
You will be working in a positive, exciting environment within a fast-paced and growing business. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced event content/research professional who wishes to drive the growth of a thriving and expanding sector.
Since 1997, GovNet has consistently delivered innovative, thought-provoking and insightful events, all of which, to date, are specifically for the Public Sector. For almost two decades, we have provided unrivalled access to high quality and up-to-date information and have created a platform where leading industry experts, high-profile speakers and public sector employees can network, form partnerships and work towards a common goal.
About The Schools & Academies Show Portfolio
The Schools & Academies Show is GovNet’s flagship exhibition, which attracted over 6,000 attendees in 2018 and is due to attract over 8,000 attendees in 2019. One of the events takes place in April at ExCeL, London and one in November at the NEC, Birmingham. Both Shows are well-established within the education sector and both events are key dates in the calendar for thousands of Headteachers, Business Managers, School Governors and Deputy Heads.
The events manage to attract visitors by providing high-level, relevant and quality content that provides policy updates about the sector and exciting best-practice case studies. The content role incorporates driving the exhibition by liaising with key sponsors, managing agreements with our key non-financial supporters, establishing excellent relationships with our speakers whilst working with the Event Director to drive the future strategic vision of the show.
The role involves taking responsibility for the production of both shows, from the initial research stages through to speaker sourcing and management of all content. With The Schools & Academies Show being a high profile industry event, you will also play a key role in the relationships with all of the events main supporters, sponsors, speakers and partners, from the Department for Education through to education think tanks and stakeholders and corporate organisations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Research and event strategy
- Responsible for ongoing extensive and in-depth industry research via telephone, online and in-person to ensure that the events’ strategic development is correctly aligned to market wants, needs and developments, supported by the junior producer.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to build accurate event audience profiles, and utilise these to inform marketing and sales strategy
- Oversight of the production of all exhibition content elements including theatre programmes, sponsor sessions, written and online content, and partner content, with the Content Executive responsible for the majority of production and delivery
- Working with the Event Director, undertake strategy related analysis, research and commercial feasibility assessment projects to develop event portfolio
- Produce and deliver event briefings, together with the Content Executive, to show teams and work closely with sales and marketing teams to be actively engaged in the commercial success of the event
- Management of competitor event tracking processes and analysis to create own event USPs
- Develop and maintain close and effective relationships with partner organisations, clients and speakers from both public and private sectors, with a view to increasing collaboration
- Develop and build close and effective relationships with internal marketing, sales and operations teams
- Participate in client facing meetings as required by Event Director and Sales Team
- Collaboratively work with session sponsors to create a session that meets client objectives as well as delegate educational needs
Content production, marketing and copy writing
- Oversight of the delivery of all exhibition content elements including speaker recruitment and engagement, onsite theatre programme delivery, written and online content, and partner content, with the Junior Producer responsible for the majority of delivery and engagement
- Collaborate with marketing team in the creation of a content marketing strategy
- Collaborate with the Event Director and sales team to create compelling, sales-driven copy for a range of platforms (web, brochure, email, social media etc.) to drive exhibition and sponsorship sales
- Advise on segmentation and different drivers for attendance across target audiences
- Support marketing team on content marketing initiatives which involve speakers such as blogs, Q&A’s and insight pieces
- Management of project deadlines
- Manage, mentor and support Content Executive (dependent on level of management experience and candidate profile)
- Budget management for partner engagement and collaboration
What we are looking for:
- At least 24 month proven track record event content management
- Strong commercial understanding and ability to understand the commercial implications of public policy
- Strong research skills and ability to quickly digest new information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write convincing commercially focused copy for a range of mediums
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to network confidently and competently, often with senior stakeholders
- Experience of using content management systems (websites)
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines and targets
- Experience of working effectively within a matrix team structure
- Self-motivated, professional and focused in all aspects of work
- The ability to thrive in a challenging, fast paced and high pressure environment
- The ability to research and develop the content for multiple events concurrently
- Interest in and understanding of public and education policy
- Experience of people management
- Experience of managing budgets
- Understanding of project management principles, techniques and tools
- Interest in and understanding of the Education Sector
What we offer in return:
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong, realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market. This role offers the selected candidate a clear path for development and potential career progression within the division, and possibly the company
Whilst offering a competitive salary, holidays, great hours of work, childcare vouchers and pension, we also offer an inviting work environment, within an impressive Central London office location, allowing you to develop yourself as part of an established team of professionals to create a career fully-supported by a reputable and fast-growing company.
The closing date for applications is: 28th February 2019