Senior Brand Marketing Manager – Tech Division
GovNet is the UK’s leading events’ company for the Public Sector, running over 500 events per year ranging from exhibitions and summits to conferences, briefings and training courses. The business has around 160 staff based in offices in London, Manchester, Blackburn and Birmingham.
Since 1997, GovNet has consistently delivered innovative, thought-provoking and insightful events, all of which, to date, are specifically for the Public Sector with the exception of Blockchain Live which is the company’s first venture into the emerging technologies market.
Following the success of Blockchain Live, now Europe’s largest blockchain event the company is targeting huge growth in this area of the business to build on the already strong reputation for providing unrivalled access to high quality and up-to-date information and have created a platform where leading industry experts, high-profile speakers and public sector employees can network, form partnerships and work towards a common goal.
Our company is a highly successful and profitable organisation and has been consistently in growth mode for some years. However, in order to take us to the next level, we are entering a positive period of transition and change in terms of culture, structure, process and product.
As Senior Brand Marketing Manager, your primary role will be to curate and grow the communities within the Blockchain and adjacent emerging tech markets with a focus on delivering high level commercial and networking opportunities through a 365-engagement campaign. Building the brand and its importance to this fast-moving community is critical to delivering excellent high-level exhibitions and adjacent events.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a passionate and hard-working individual to join our expanding exhibitions marketing team. Within exhibitions, the Tech division is rapidly growing with plans to launch internationally and domestically and we are now seeking an experienced and passionate senior brand marketing manager to join our growing marketing team.
You’ll be working in a fast moving, challenging, target driven and sales focused environment.
Main duties and responsibilities:
You will be working alongside the portfolio director to research, write and implement the strategic marketing plan, and be responsible for the day-to-day execution of the overall exhibitor and visitor campaigns for the exhibition as well as meet ups and smaller conferences. You will also provide strategic support to the sales team to ensure the commercial success of the exhibition, which includes the creation of sales support materials, generating sales leads and sales marketing campaign planning and execution.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leadership and management of the growing marketing team
- Responsible for the strategic and tactical marketing plan
- Market mapping and audience planning
- Database analysis, segmentation and management
- Multi-channel marketing: This community is non-traditional- requires a multi-channel approach to engage with them
- Delivering the acquisition, retention and sales email marketing campaigns and acquisition and conversion campaign for attendees
- Managing relationships with internal and external suppliers and partners (PR, design, print, telemarketing, delegate acquisition teams etc.)
- Overseeing the exhibitor, partner and speaker marketing plans to ensure stakeholder ROI
- Ownership of the registration process for all technology exhibitions
- Market and event analysis – seeking continuous improvement and growth opportunities
What we are looking for:
If you are an exhibition marketer with strong copy writing ability, extensive experience of multi channel marketing, have outstanding organisational skills and the intuition to lead on new marketing techniques and channels, then this could be the right environment for you:
- You will have a marketing qualification and/or at least 5 years’ experience in a marketing management role
- Experience in briefing design and managing an event’s brand across all channels
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics, digital advertising channels and social marketing
- You will have excellent copywriting skills
- Be target driven and goal orientated
- Excellent communications and analytical skills
- Highly organised, quick thinking and methodical
- Be willing to experiment and implement a variety of marketing techniques
- Able to persuade and negotiate
- A track record of working with the full mix of marketing, digital media and communication channels
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of people management, development and retention.
What we offer in return:
GovNet offers a stimulating place to work with strong realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market. This role offers the selected candidate a clear path for potential career progression within the division, and possibly the company.
Whilst offering a competitive salary, holidays, great hours of work and a pension, in return we also offer an inviting work environment, working at impressive central office locations, developing yourself within an established team of professionals and creating a career fully supported by a reputable fast growing company.
The closing date for applications is: 30th December 2018