Since 1997, Govnet has consistently delivered innovation, thought-provoking and insightful events, ranging from conference and exhibitions to training courses and forums. All of which are specifically for the Public Sector.
For over two decades, we have provided unrivalled access to reliable and up to date information and created a platform where leading experts, high profile speakers and public sector employees can network, form partnerships and work towards a common goal.
A hands on Sales Management role selling and directly managing the Manchester sales teams. Working alongside the Sales Director, the Sales Manager is a functional role ensuring that the sales operation operates at its most efficient in terms of resourcing, performance, motivation and skill sets.
Main duties and responsibilites:
- Drive sales campaigns across the Manchester sales teams
- Ensure that all targets are met, and KPIs adhered to
- Manage up to 12 sales representatives in the Manchester office
- Develop and target premium accounts (large corporates)
- Own objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Responsible for weekly sales targets confirmed with Sales Director
- Develop specific plans to ensure revenue growth in events
- Present sales, revenue reports and realistic forecasts to the Sales Director
- Coordinate proper company resources to ensure efficient and stable sales results
- Work together with the Sales Director to develop sales strategies to improve market share in all product lines
What we are looking for:
- High performing sales manager with experience in conference/event sales
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Sales Manager managing medium-large teams
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation including programme, marketing and credit control
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, changing environment (preferably in the events/conference arena although not essential)
- Significant experience in sales with a demonstrated successful sales record of high value sales activity in a B2B environment
- A hunger to reach and exceed targets
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Must be professional, resilient, approachable, diligent, and have a flexible approach to work
- Excellent organisation and time keeping skills
Working with us
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market.
Despite offering a highly competitive salary, commission, holidays, great hours of work, childcare vouchers and a pension scheme, in return we offer a dedicated sales development plan (against targets). You will also be working at impressive central office locations, developing yourself within an established team of senior sales professionals, whilst progressing in a sales career fully supported by a reputable fast growing company. We have a very successful rewards scheme which runs each quarter where you can win prizes such as weekends away and meals out, and annually with a trip abroad for the top sellers.
We take pride and excellence in what we do and to ensure this is maintained, we also offer full training on our company background, market sectors, events, sales training, lead sourcing and research, and ongoing support to ensure you succeed in your development. We can also offer you external sales training.
The closing date for applications is: 20th August 2018