Sponsorship Sales Executive
Manchester and Blackburn
GovNet are Britain’s leading public sector events and publishing organisation. We are comprised of several divisions covering events, seminars, expos, training courses and publications.
As a recognised leader in the Public Sector Events field and due to expansion and growth, this role offers candidates a sought-after opportunity in selling highly lucrative sponsorship and exhibition spaces across a portfolio of prestigious events to the private sector.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- You will have an excellent understanding of selling creative solutions to our target markets.
- Possess strong knowledge of sales processes and structure, be able to research and source your own leads.
- Strong sales approach with proven experience of cold calling.
- Has solid experience in selling lucrative products, identifying potential new markets/business opportunities, highlight and present to Sales Manager.
- Be fully conversant with a range of our products and be prepared to make a large number of pitches to secure business.
- High attention to detail and have worked in a pressurised, professional environment.
- Act as a subject matter expert in identifying, pitching, closing, new and existing business/clients.
- Provide motivational support and expert advice to junior members of staff as and when required.
- Reaching and exceeding weekly average targets as set out by the Sales Manager.
- Achieve personal annual targets and continually to review own sales performance which contributes to overall sales team targets.
- Business partner with internal departments, record sales accurately and work with our credit control team.
- Represent the company at our events as agreed with the Sales Manager.
What we are looking for:
A minimum of 1 years’ proven outbound telesales experience in selling B2B with a demonstrable track record of proven sales success and achievements in selling lucrative products.
You should have flair and experience in researching, sourcing own leads, with high levels of creativity a confident sales negotiator and be comfortable in selling to high-level decision makers. Apart from being self-motivated, resilient with excellent persuasion skills, you must be self-driven, focused to achieve weekly targets and be able to work well within a team as well as on your own initiative.
Ideally you should have experience of exhibition sales or at least selling niche products with a substantial net value, the ability to mentor junior members of staff in securing sales and development (although this is not essential).
Working with us
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market.
Despite offering a highly competitive salary, uncapped commission, holidays, great hours of work, childcare vouchers and a pension scheme, in return we offer a dedicated sales development plan (against targets), working at impressive central office locations, developing yourself within an established team of senior sales professionals, whilst developing a sales career fully supported by a reputable fast growing company.
We take pride and excellence in what we do and to ensure this is maintained, we also offer full training on our company background, market sectors, events, sales training, lead sourcing and research, and ongoing support to ensure you succeed in your development.
The closing date for applications is: 31st May 2017