Manchester or Birmingham
Since 1997, Govnet has consistently delivered innovation, thought-provoking and insightful events, ranging from conference and exhibitions to training courses and forums. All of which are specifically for the Public Sector.
For over two decades, we have provided unrivalled access to reliable and up to date information and created a platform where leading experts, high profile speakers and public sector employees can network, form partnerships and work towards a common goal.
As a recognised leader in the Public Sector Events field and due to expansion and growth, this role offers candidates a sought-after opportunity in selling highly lucrative sponsorship across a portfolio of prestigious events to the private sector.
Main duties and responsibilites:
- You will have an excellent understanding of selling creative solutions to our target markets
- Possess strong knowledge of sales processes and structure, be able to research and source your own leads
- Strong sales approach with proven experience of cold calling
- Solid experience in selling high value products, identifying potential new markets/business opportunities, highlight and present to Sales Manager / Sales Director
- Be fully conversant with a range of our products and be prepared to make a large number of pitches to secure business mostly over the phone
- Demonstrable experience in full sales process from sourcing prospect, pitching and then closing
- High attention to detail and have worked in a pressurised, professional environment
- Act as a subject matter expert in identifying, pitching, closing, new and existing business/clients
- Reaching and exceeding weekly average targets as set out by the Sales Manager / Sales Director
- Represent the company at our events as agreed with the Sales Manager / Sales Director
What we are looking for:
A minimum of 3 years proven experience in outbound B2B sales with a demonstrable track record and have proven sales success and achievements in selling lucrative products.
You should have flair and experience in researching, sourcing own leads, with high levels of creativity a confident sales negotiator and be comfortable in selling to high-level decision makers. Apart from being self-motivated, resilient with excellent persuasion skills, you must be self-driven, focused to achieve weekly targets and be able to work well within a team as well as on your own initiative.
Ideally you should have experience of conference sales or at least selling niche products with a substantial net value.
Working with us
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market.
Despite offering a highly competitive salary, commission, holidays, great hours of work, childcare vouchers and a pension scheme, in return we offer a dedicated sales development plan (against targets). You will also be working at impressive central office locations, developing yourself within an established team of senior sales professionals, whilst progressing in a sales career fully supported by a reputable fast growing company. We have a very successful rewards scheme which runs each quarter where you can win prizes such as weekends away and meals out, and annually with a trip abroad for the top sellers.
We take pride and excellence in what we do and to ensure this is maintained, we also offer full training on our company background, market sectors, events, sales training, lead sourcing and research, and ongoing support to ensure you succeed in your development. We can also offer you external sales training.
The closing date for applications is: 30th September 2018