Sales Executive – Exhibitions
GovNet are currently recruiting for an Events Sales Executive for our Blackburn office. Since 1997, GovNet has consistently delivered innovation, thought-provoking and insightful events, ranging from conference and exhibitions to training courses and forums. All of which are specifically for the Public Sector.
As a recognised leader in the Public Sector Events field and due to expansion and growth, this role offers candidates a sought-after opportunity in selling highly lucrative sponsorship and exhibition spaces across a portfolio of prestigious events to the private sector.
- You will have a good understanding of selling creative solutions to our target markets.
- Possess knowledge of sales processes and structure, be able to research and source your own leads.
- Strong sales approach with demonstrable experience of cold calling.
- Be fully conversant with a range of our products and be prepared to make a large number of pitches to secure business.
- Reaching weekly average targets as set out by the Sales Manager.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of 6 – 12 months’ B2B commercial work experience or year in industry.
- Strong commercial acumen, attention to detail, and commercial awareness
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- An entrepreneurial spirit, a deep desire to succeed and achieve goals
- Will be proactive, tenacious and determined to secure the best quality speakers within agreed deadlines
- An ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- A great team player with an ambitious and positive attitude#
- Excellent ability to research and source own leads
- Experience in selling B2B with a demonstrable track record and have proven sales success and achievements.
- Ideally you should have experience of sales or at least selling niche products, have high attention to detail and have worked in a pressurised, professional environment
WHAT WE OFFER IN RETURN
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market.
Despite offering a highly competitive salary, commission, holidays, great hours of work, childcare vouchers and a pension scheme, in return we offer a dedicated sales development plan (against targets). You will also be working at impressive central office locations, developing yourself within an established team of senior sales professionals, whilst progressing in a sales career fully supported by a reputable fast-growing company. We have a very successful rewards scheme which runs each quarter where you can win prizes such as weekends away and meals out, and annually with a trip abroad for the top sellers.
We take pride and excellence in what we do and to ensure this is maintained, we also offer full training on our company background, market sectors, events, sales training, lead sourcing and research, and ongoing support to ensure you succeed in your development. We can also offer you external sales training.
The closing date for applications is: 30th January 2019