GovNet are Britain’s leading public sector events and publishing organisation. We are comprised of several divisions covering events, seminars, expos, training courses and publications.
Understanding ModernGov (UMG) is one of the UK’s largest providers of training for the public sector.
With dedicated staff and excellent research capabilities, we produce and offer over 250 events each year that allow our attendees the opportunity to learn about the latest policy and the opportunity to discuss pertinent topics with a panel of speakers, policy experts, and fellow delegates.
We are looking for a hard-working and well organised individual to assist in the day to day management of our policy training courses. Successful candidates will work from our office in Central London.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will have a keen attention to detail and an interest in policy and public affairs.
They will progress rapidly to assume development responsibilities that involve the creation of policy training programmes.
Main duties will include:
- Researching, developing, organising and managing of designated open courses
- Inviting speakers and liaising with clients and trainers
- Assisting with new course development and updating of content on repeat courses
- Liaising with stakeholders before, during and after a course
- Developing and building positive relationships with trainers and speakers
- Providing marketing briefs to the relevant teams
- Working with trainers and speakers to obtain biographies, presentations and learning material
Assisting with new course development and generating new ideas
What we are looking for:
You will need excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and an ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines and targets. Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task, you will need to have a proven track record of producing high quality work, meeting and managing stakeholder expectations and display outstanding organisational skills.
- Strong commercial acumen and drive
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Committed and driven individual with a positive attitude
- Ability to work to strict deadlines under pressure
- Good customer service skills and ability to work under pressure with composure
- Attentive, proactive and creative
- Interest in and understanding of public policy
- An understanding of public sector training needs
Working with us
UMG is a training provider with a portfolio of highly informative, interactive, and insightful training programmes for public and private sector organisations. As a member of the team you will be encouraged to attend our training courses as often as possible. We invest in the successful candidate, to train and empower them in order to progress their career. We offer a positive, inviting working environment, and excellent opportunities for career development within a fast-paced company that is growing rapidly.
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work, in a fast growing company dedicated to providing the highest quality services and events. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and we offer a competitive salary, holidays, childcare vouchers and a pension scheme.
The closing date for applications is: 31st December 2017