A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Programme Assistant to join Inside Government. Inside Government is a leading organiser of apolitical policy-led forums for practitioners across the public sector. This is an exciting role in a growing division with excellent career opportunities for those interested in public policy and UK politics.
The Programme Assistant will be responsible for in-depth public policy research, writing agendas as well as inviting speakers, and managing and delivering their own portfolio of policy forums. They will demonstrate creativity and innovation from event development to delivery, to support the ever-evolving needs of the public sector and in turn support the company’s growth aspirations.
GovNet is the UK’s leading events’ company for the Public Sector, running over 400 events per year ranging from exhibitions and summits to conferences, briefings and training courses. The business has around 160 staff based in offices in London, Manchester, Blackburn and Birmingham.
Since 1997, GovNet has consistently delivered innovative, thought-provoking and insightful events, all of which, to date, are specifically for the Public Sector. For two decades, we have provided unrivalled access to high quality and up-to-date information and have created a platform where leading industry experts, high-profile speakers and public sector employees can network, form partnerships and work towards a common goal.
Our company is a highly successful and profitable organisation and has been consistently in growth mode for some years. However, in order to take us to the next level, we are entering a positive period of transition and change in terms of culture, structure, process and product.
Main duties and responsibilites:
- In depth research, desk-based and through research calls, across a wide range of UK domestic policy areas
- Identifying, inviting, confirming and regularly liaising with high profile speakers from across the public sector
- Producing enticing and attractive website copy in the form of event agendas and policy overviews, demonstrating the business criticality of the event and the benefits of attending
- Managing preparations for events and assisting speakers on-the-day
- Working closely with and briefing the marketing team to ensure events are a commercial success
- Developing and building relationships with sponsors, public sector stakeholders and other sector speakers and associations
- Generating innovative, commercially successful ideas that will appeal to both practitioners and suppliers
What we are looking for:
- A degree in UK politics or a related subject and an in depth knowledge of UK public policy
- A strong interest in current affairs and politics
- The ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines and targets on a weekly basis
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong writing skills and editing skills
- Demonstrable research skills
- An ability to work independently
- A great team player with an ambitious and positive attitude, keen to work in an entrepreneurial business environment
- Previous conference experience is desirable, but not essential
What we offer in return:
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market.
Whilst offering a competitive salary, holidays, great hours of work, childcare vouchers and a pension, we also offer an inviting work environment, working at impressive central office locations, developing yourself within an established team of professionals and creating a career fully supported by a reputable fast growing company.
The closing date for applications is: 30th October 2018