Partnerships and Research Manager – Public Sector Show
GovNet is recruiting for an experienced events professional to lead the research and partnership engagement for 2 high profile, commercially successful, exhibitions in the Public Sector.
You will be working in a positive, exciting environment within a fast-paced and growing business. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced event content/research professional who wishes to drive the growth of a thriving and expanding sector.
The Public Sector Portfolio
GovNet Exhibitions, a division of GovNet Communications, currently organises seven exhibitions per year, with the largest attracting over 3,500 attendees, with the high quality content a major factor in attracting them.
The Public Sector Show is the UK’s largest event for public sector professionals, taking place in both London (June) and Manchester (November) on an annual basis. The London show has been running for 7 years, brings in over of 2,000 visitors, and is focused on Central Government and the South; the Manchester event is in its 3rd year and is focused more on local government, especially in the North and Midlands.
Public Sector decision makers, policy makers and budget holders attend to understand how they can deliver better public services through collaboration and solutions. In 2018, both shows are focused on 4 core themes:
- Finance & Corporate
- Digital & Technology
- Workforce & Leadership
- Estates & Infrastructure
We have ambitious plans to grow both events, incorporating new brands and themes, growing the audience as well as the exhibitor base.
The role takes full responsibility for sector research for the Public Sector Shows, including research and validation of both show content and new commercially-driven content areas. The focus is on developing and maintaining a deep knowledge of the public sector as well as key partner relationships, to inform strategic decisions around the event’s direction and deliver innovative, year-round content that will attract the right profile of visitors, whilst aligning with the commercial objectives of exhibitors and sponsors. As the events grow, there will be a greater emphasis on collaboration with, and leveraging of, partners, and this role will be central to delivering this.
The strategy for our events is to deliver ‘content-rich’ exhibitions, creating a community drawn together by a desire to deliver better public services by learning, procuring and ultimately delivering through the content on offer. The Partnerships and Research Manager would work closely with the Portfolio Director to implement and deliver this strategy, as well as driving the future direction and growth of the shows.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Research and event strategy
- Stakeholder management
- Content production, marketing and copy writing
- General Management
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for an individual that has excellent knowledge and experience of producing and developing innovative content for exhibitions and/or large-scale conferences. The right person will have great communication skills, amazing attention to detail and an eye for the innovative. They will be tenacious about making things happen, adept at working under pressure and to tight deadlines and a perfectionist when it comes to their programmes.
They will understand the balance of making the content excellent, the attendees happy and the exhibitors delighted.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience)
- At least an 18 month proven track record of partnership management and/or industry research
- Strong commercial understanding and ability to understand the commercial implications of public policy
- Strong research skills and ability to quickly digest new information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write convincing commercially focused copy for a range of mediums
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to network confidently and competently, often with senior stakeholders
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programmes
- Experience of using content management systems (websites)
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines and targets
- Experience of working effectively within a matrix team structure
- Self-motivated, professional and focused in all aspects of work
- The ability to thrive in a challenging, fast paced and high pressure environment
- The ability to research and develop the content for multiple events concurrently
- Interest in and understanding of public policy
- Experience of people management
- Experience of managing budgets
- Understanding of project management principles, techniques and tools
- Interest in and understanding of the Public Sector (both at Central Government and local level), Public Policy, or Politics
Working with us
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market.
Whilst offering a competitive salary, holidays, great hours of work, childcare vouchers scheme and a pension, in return we also offer an inviting work environment, working at impressive central office locations, developing yourself within an established team of professionals and creating a career fully supported by a reputable fast growing company.
The closing date for applications is: 30th April 2018