New Business Development Executive/Manager
GovNet are Britain’s leading public sector events and publishing organisation. We are comprised of several divisions covering events, seminars, expos, training courses and publications.
To develop new accounts across our two bi-annual magazines; ModernGov and My Academy.
- You will have a good understanding of selling creative solutions to our target markets.
- Possess knowledge of sales processes and structure, be able to research and source your own leads.
- Strong sales approach with demonstrable experience of cold calling.
- Be fully conversant with a range of our products and be prepared to make a large number of pitches to secure business.
- Reaching weekly average targets as set out by the Head of Sales.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Drive strategic growth through new business
- To ensure all business is transacted at optimal margin levels
- To develop and maintain partnerships by working on bespoke solutions as well as selling the publications advertising space
- Build client relationships in order to drive client outcomes and ensure overall growth of the publication
- Research & understand the market sector in order to drive the products success through sales and market intelligence
- Be fully conversant with a range of our products
- Attend competitive events and industry trade shows for business development
- Be able to develop and deliver accurate pipelines, sales reports within weekly sales meetings and project meetings
- Help us launch into new markets & develop our digital offering
What we are looking for:
A minimum of 2-3 year’s proven experience, ideally in Advertising Sales with a demonstrable track record and have proven sales success and achievements.
You should have flair and experience in researching, sourcing own leads, with high levels of creativity a confident sales negotiator and be comfortable in selling to high-level decision makers. Apart from being self-motivated, resilient with excellent persuasion skills, you must be self-driven, focused to achieve weekly targets and be able to work well within a team as well as on your own initiative.
Working with us
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market.
Despite offering a highly competitive salary, uncapped commission, holidays, great hours of work, childcare vouchers and a pension scheme, in return we offer a dedicated sales development plan (against targets), working at impressive central office locations, developing yourself within an established team of senior sales professionals, whilst developing a sales career fully supported by a reputable fast growing company.
We take pride and excellence in what we do and to ensure this is maintained, we also offer full training on our company background, market sectors, events, sales training, lead sourcing and research, and ongoing support to ensure you succeed in your development.
The closing date for applications is: 30th September 2017