GovNet are Britain’s leading public sector events and publishing organisation. We are comprised of several divisions covering events, seminars, expos, training courses and publications.
A Marketing Assistant will be involved in leading delegate acquisitions across Understanding ModernGov’s portfolio of public policy training courses. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent skills in email marketing, data segmentation and copy writing.
Main duties and responsibilites:
- Responsible for delegate acquisition across our event portfolio
- Leading the marketing campaigns of up to 8 courses at any given time
- Formulating strategic marketing plans
- Writing marketing copy; html and text based email marketing campaigns
- Identifying the data target markets
- Suggesting social media avenues and making use of our social media platforms
- Using all available marketing channels to ensure training course targets are met
- Liaising with key stakeholders and potential delegates
- Analysing the overall effectiveness of marketing campaigns
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a career driven and enthusiastic candidate to join our marketing team in Understanding ModernGov. Understanding ModernGov run 200 training courses every year ranging from both core skills training and sector-specific policy based training, dedicated to schools and university education, to central and local government and healthcare.
- Highly competent and efficient copywriting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great team player with an ambitious and positive attitude
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets and work under pressure
- Strong work ethic with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Candidate must be organised and efficient to balance the number of courses being worked on
- Experience in an email / digital marketing role, or a role within the events industry
- Experience in any email marketing software
- Understanding of websites and content management systems
- Experience of SEO, web and social media analytics
- An interest in the public sector
Working with us
Our new Marketing Assistant will be part of an ever-growing, dynamic and driven team of 8 marketers. The role promises to be fast-paced, exciting and engaging as you will be working in an innovative, challenging and target driven environment.
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market.
Whilst offering a competitive salary, holidays, great hours of work, childcare vouchers scheme and a pension, in return we also offer an inviting work environment, working at impressive central office locations, developing yourself within an established team of professionals and creating a career fully supported by a reputable fast growing company.
The closing date for applications is: 30th April 2018