GovNet are Britain’s leading public sector events and publishing organisation. We are comprised of several divisions covering events, seminars, expos, training courses and publications.
A Marketing Assistant will be involved in leading delegate acquisitions across Understanding ModernGov’s portfolio of public policy training courses. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent skills in email marketing, data segmentation and copy writing.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for delegate acquisition across our event portfolio
- Leading the marketing campaigns of up to 8 courses at any given time
- Formulating strategic marketing plans
- Writing marketing copy; html and text based email marketing campaigns
- Identifying the data target markets
- Suggesting social media avenues and making use of our social media platforms
- Using all available marketing channels to ensure training course targets are met
- Liaising with key stakeholders and potential delegates
- Analysing the overall effectiveness of marketing campaigns
What we are looking for:
- Highly competent and efficient copywriting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great team player with an ambitious and positive attitude
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets and work under pressure
- Strong work ethic with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Candidate must be organised and efficient to balance the number of courses being worked on
- Experience in an email / digital marketing role, or a role within the events industry
- Experience in any email marketing software
- Understanding of websites and content management systems
- Experience of SEO, web and social media analytics
- An interest in the public sector
Working with us
Our new Marketing Assistant will be part of an ever-growing, dynamic and driven team of 8 marketers. The role promises to be fast-paced, exciting and engaging as you will be working in an innovative, challenging and target driven environment.
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work, in a fast growing company dedicated to providing the highest quality services and events. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and we offer a competitive salary, holidays, childcare vouchers and a pension scheme.
The closing date for applications is: 31st March 2017