Head of Programme
GovNet are Britain’s leading public sector events and publishing organisation. We are comprised of several divisions covering events, seminars, expos, training courses and publications.
Understanding ModernGov (UMG) is the UK’s largest independent provider of training for the public sector.
With dedicated staff and excellent research capabilities, we produce and offer over 400 events each year. Our courses range from skills based courses which focus on personal and organisational development, to policy courses that allow our attendees the opportunity to learn about how to best implement the latest public policy and comply with regulation.
We are looking for a senior events professional who is looking to take the next step in their career and lead our Programme team.
Main duties and responsibilites:
- Oversee all content across courses run by UMG (from idea generation, through to sourcing trainers/speakers and on the day delivery)
- Managing a team of seven employees ranging from Programme Assistants to Senior Programme Managers
- Responsible for scheduling the courses we run across the year
- Identifying growth areas for the sectors we operate in
- Driving idea generation through public sector policy updates and skills areas
- Managing internal relationships with our Operations, Marketing and Sales teams
- Growing the production team and supporting employees’ progression
- Proofing all content for courses
- Joint responsibility alongside the Head of UMG to sign off all new ideas generated
- Managing key relationships with our trainers and speakers
- Supporting the Head of UMG with financial forecasts
- Ensuring event costs and trainer fees are maintained at a steady level and within budget
- Leading on product quality
- Strong commercial understanding
- Ability to spot new trends for each course and implement them in the content and growth
- Interest in public policy is important and an understanding of public policy is an advantage
- Experience of managing a team and progressing careers
- Knowledge and experience in putting together training courses and identifying the business critical reasons for delegates to attend
- Strong research skills and ability to quickly digest new information
- An excellent communicator who can manage external relationships and business expectations
- Self-motivated, professional and focused in all aspects of work
- The ability to thrive in a challenging, fast paced and high pressure environment
- Ability to lead from the front while not shying from rolling up your sleeves
- Jointly with the Divisional Head, create a positive, creative and lively work environment
Working with us
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market.
Whilst offering a competitive salary, holidays, great hours of work, childcare vouchers scheme and a pension, in return we also offer an inviting work environment, working at impressive central office locations, developing yourself within an established team of professionals and creating a career fully supported by a reputable fast growing company.
The closing date for applications is: 30th April 2018