Head of Programme – Training Events
GovNet are currently recruiting for a Head of Programme to join our Understanding ModernGov division in our Central London Office.
Understanding ModernGov (UMG) is the UK’s largest independent provider of training for the public sector. With dedicated staff and excellent research capabilities, we produce and offer over 250 events each year. Our courses are skills-based events which focus on personal and organisational development that allow our attendees to acquire practical skills that can be applied in the workplace.
We are looking for a senior events professional who is looking to take the next step in their career and lead our Programme team.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be a proactive individual who can drive the productivity of the Programme team. They will be a self-starter with a can-do attitude, who thrives in a fast-paced environment. They will have a keen attention to detail and be highly organised.
Main duties will include:
- Oversee all content across courses run by UMG (from idea generation, through to sourcing trainers and on the day delivery)
- Managing a team of 3 employees ranging from Programme Assistants to Senior Programme Managers
- Responsible for scheduling the courses we run across the year
- Managing own deadlines as well as those of the team so that courses launch on time
- Identifying growth areas for the sectors we operate in
- Driving idea generation through public sector policy updates and skills areas
- Managing internal relationships with our Operations, Marketing and Sales teams
- Growing the production team and supporting employees’ progression
- Proofing all content for courses
- Monitoring and tracking delegate bookings and working alongside Marketing to boost numbers and offer solutions
- Working closely with the Head of Marketing to increase brand awareness, reach new markets and increase delegate numbers
- Joint responsibility alongside the Head of Division to sign off all new ideas generated
- Managing key relationships with our trainers
- Supporting the Head of Division with financial forecasts
- Ensuring event costs and trainer fees are maintained at a steady level and within budget
- Leading on product quality
- Driving new business by working closely with the Head of Division and Managing Director
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong commercial understanding
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to spot new trends for each course and implement them in the content and growth
- Experience of managing a team and progressing careers
- Knowledge and experience in putting together training courses and identifying the business critical reasons for delegates to attend
- Strong research skills and ability to quickly digest new information
- An excellent communicator who can manage external relationships and business expectations
- Self-motivated, professional and focused in all aspects of work
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- The ability to thrive in a challenging, fast paced and high-pressure environment
- Ability to lead from the front while not shying from rolling up your sleeves
- Jointly with the Head of Division create a positive, creative and lively work environment
WHAT WE OFFER IN RETURN
UMG is a training provider with a portfolio of highly informative, interactive, and insightful training programmes for public and private sector organisations. As a member of the team you will be encouraged to attend our training courses as often as possible. We invest in the successful candidate, to train and empower them in order to progress their career. We offer a positive, inviting working environment, and excellent opportunities for career development within a fast-paced company that is growing rapidly.
We offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme.
The closing date for applications is: 28th February 2019