GovNet are Britain’s leading public sector events and publishing organisation. We are comprised of several divisions covering events, seminars, expos, training courses and publications.
Working within the Finance Department based in Manchester city centre, this role is a key part of a small and focused credit control team of four. The primary purpose of the role is to ensure outstanding sales invoices are paid in accordance with agreed terms. The invoices are raised for attendance at conferences, briefings and training courses aimed at the public sector.
Main duties and responsibilites:
- Via telephone and email, ensure an allocated ledger of 400+ invoices are paid in accordance with agreed settlement terms.
- Work to agreed targets and deadlines.
- Resolve customer queries regarding price / cancellations / misallocations.
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required.
What we are looking for:
- Highly experienced in managing telephone conversations, some of which could be challenging
- Proficient Excel skills
- A minimum of one year’s experience of working in a credit control environment
- Strong organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise, manage time efficiently and work to deadlines and targets
- Ability to deal effectively with problem accounts and customers
- Strong team player
- Knowledge of public sector procurement systems and processes – an advantage
- Experience of working with Sage 200 – an advantage
- Able to use own initiative to resolve problems
- Work on own initiative and tenacity to work smoothly and efficiently
Working with us
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market.
Whilst offering a competitive salary, holidays, great hours of work, childcare vouchers scheme and a pension, in return we also offer an inviting work environment, working at impressive central office locations, developing yourself within an established team of professionals and creating a career fully supported by a reputable fast growing company.
The closing date for applications is: 30th April 2018