Senior Content Manager/Producer- Blockchain Live
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Content Producer to play a key role in the production and delivery of the market-leading exhibition Blockchain Live.
The Senior Content Producer must be excellent communicator with solid research skills and a flair for creating conference programmes that appeal to specific target audiences, you will build relationships with key research and industry association partners to deliver high quality content experiences.
Based in our London office, you will work closely with the Portfolio Director to develop and deliver the exhibition content plans for Blockchain Live. This will involve producing conference programmes (both immersive and “traditional theatre” style), leading advisory board gatherings, as well as working with our marketing team to promote our speakers and content offering to the industry.
About Blockchain Live
Blockchain Live is the UK’s leading event in the industry geared toward introducing Blockchain technology to the mainstream with a shared vision for the technology to receive mass adoption. Having seen huge growth from 974 visitors in 2017 to 3540 visitors in our 2018 event this Confex model event has ambitious plans to grow to over 5000 delegates.
Have a look at the Blockchain Live 2019 promotional video
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Content planning and strategy– working with the Portfolio Director to develop Content Plans for key events during the event cycle as well as the content strategy for Blockchain Live. The programme will be designed around client insight and market needs.
- Production of conference programme – producing validated, editorially sound educational programmes, for each specific segment of our audience personas. The conference programme will be in various formats such as on-site conference streams, start-up stages, immersive features, closed door content as well as networking functions.
- Research & Analysis– conducting in-depth research and analysis of key subject areas for content development using phone interviews, surveys, and other sources of expert insights.
- Speaker Acquisition– sourcing, selecting and securing the participation of relevant, high-level industry leading speakers.
- Editorial copywriting– producing, writing and editing engaging industry collateral such as content to engage conference delegates.
- Content production –working with the wider team to identify and develop industry-relevant content (reports, videos, interviews, infographics, webinars) for use in 365 community engagement, marketing campaigns and to promote features of Blockchain Live.
- Nurturing partnerships– initiating and maintaining relationships with key content partners within the industry, including associations, governmental organisations, industry stakeholders and blockchain pioneers
- Supporting sponsorship sales –Working with the sales team to ensure that all commercial speaking opportunities are offered.
- Budget management – managing the budget for content and conference costs, with regular reporting to the Portfolio Director
- Establish opportunities and deliver market engagement through supporters, speakers and suppliers
- Maintain and develop professional relationships and communications with a pre-agreed set of key stakeholders/partners throughout the event cycle
- Ability to articulate a strong value proposition
Wider team support
- Work collaboratively with wider Expo Content team to share best practice and ideas
- Manage communications within the core content team and broader event team
- You will have one direct report and will assist new team members, helping them to develop the necessary understanding of the sector and product
What we are looking for:
- Educated to degree level.
- 2 years + track record of producing content for high quality, commercially successful expos and/or large-scale conferences
- Management experience
- Strong research skills and ability to digest information to share with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadline
- Task Management: A willingness to be flexible and versatile and take on additional tasks and responsibilities when appropriate.
- Experience of using content management systems (websites)
- Self-motivated, professional and focused in all aspects of work
- The ability to thrive in a challenging, fast paced and high-pressure environment
- Excellent understanding of the Blockchain or emerging tech landscape is a plus
What we offer in return:
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong, realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market. This role offers the selected candidate a clear path for development and potential career progression within the division, and possibly the company
Whilst offering a competitive salary, holidays, great hours of work, childcare vouchers and pension, we also offer an inviting work environment, within an impressive Central London office location, allowing you to develop yourself as part of an established team of professionals to create a career fully-supported by a reputable and fast-growing company.
The closing date for applications is: 28th February 2019