Content Manager – Blockchain Live
Blockchain Live is the UK’s leading event in the industry geared toward introducing Blockchain technology to the mainstream with a shared vision for the technology to receive mass adoption. We are currently looking for a Content Manager to join our busy London Team.
The role will have full responsibility for year-round content production for Blockchain Live. The role will also involve research and validation of new commercially driven content areas with a focus on developing and delivering innovative and experiential content that will attract core visitors and align to commercial objectives of exhibitors and sponsors.
This is a people-focused position where you will be measured on the quality and frequency of your content, ability to identify the commercial opportunity and tenacity to secure compelling speakers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate content (written, video, digital) throughout the event cycle, leveraging relationships with speakers (past and present), supporters, sponsors, exhibitors and other relevant organisations
- Generate on site content through interactive features and seminar theatres.
- Recruit speakers and stakeholders to present in the seminar theatres and on show features.
- Work closely with sales to provide thought leadership opportunities whilst not diluting the quality of the content provision.
- Maintain knowledge of sector trends and competitor activity
- Project manage the event, in conjunction with the core team, to ensure that key deadlines and KPIs are met
- Management and reconciliation of agreed Content Direct Costs in event budget
- Research, design and delivery of the agenda for a high profile, content-led (seminar and experiential) exhibition
- Speaker identification, acquisition, liaison, prep and management
- Work with content sponsors to ensure that their sessions are appropriate and engaging
- Complete and manage steering group/advisory board commitments; formalising tasks and responsibilities, setting deadlines and oversee roll out in conjunction with Partnerships and Research Manager
- Establish opportunities and deliver market engagement through supporters, speakers and suppliers
- Maintain and develop professional relationships and communications with a pre-agreed set of key stakeholders/partners throughout the event cycle
- Ability to articulate a strong value proposition
Content marketing and copy writing
- Drive the use of social media across channels using content to drive interaction and conversation throughout the event cycle
- Liaising with internal teams for quality control of marketing and sales comms across all platforms: Social, emails and direct
- Provide copy and copywriting support for website, event guide, email activity, social media and general marketing collateral
- Involvement in writing and proofing marketing copy for agreed supporter activity
- Work with the Portfolio Director, finalise and manage supporter agreements where appropriate
- Database Management – supporting the understanding of data sets and areas to grow
Wider team support
- Work collaboratively with wider Expo Content team to share best practice and ideas
- Manage communications within the core content team and broader event team
- Assist new team members, helping them to develop the necessary understanding of the sector and product
What we are looking for:
- Educated to degree level, preferably in UK politics or a related subject
- 2 years + track record of producing content for high quality, commercially successful expos and/or large-scale conferences
- Experience of running exhibition feature content
- Excellent understanding of the Blockchain or emerging tech landscape
- Good understanding of the Blockchain eco system/community
- Strong research skills and ability to digest information to share with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience delivering compelling copy across multiple channels
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Task Management: A willingness to be flexible and versatile and take on additional tasks and responsibilities when appropriate.
- Experience working collaboratively across internal and external channels – Marketing, sales and PR
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programmes and the ability to quickly learn new software tools
- Experience of using content management systems (websites)
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines and targets
- The ability to thrive in a challenging, fast paced and high-pressure environment
What we offer in return:
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong, realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market. This role offers the selected candidate a clear path for development and potential career progression within the division, and possibly the company
Whilst offering a competitive salary, holidays, great hours of work, childcare vouchers and pension, we also offer an inviting work environment, within an impressive Central London office location, allowing you to develop yourself as part of an established team of professionals to create a career fully-supported by a reputable and fast-growing company.
The closing date for applications is: 30th January 2019