GovNet is the UK’s leading events’ company for the Public Sector, running over 400 events per year ranging from exhibitions and summits to conferences, briefings and training courses. The business has around 160 staff based in offices in London, Manchester, Blackburn and Birmingham.
Since 1997, GovNet has consistently delivered innovative, thought-provoking and insightful events, all of which, to date, are specifically for the Public Sector. For two decades, we have provided unrivalled access to high quality and up-to-date information and have created a platform where leading industry experts, high-profile speakers and public sector employees can network, form partnerships and work towards a common goal.
Our company is a highly successful and profitable organisation and has been consistently in growth mode for some years. However, in order to take us to the next level, we are entering a positive period of transition and change in terms of culture, structure, process and product.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Working with heads of content and programme in inviting and confirming speakers as well as obtaining speaker content
- Assisting in the research, reporting and analysis of a variety of industries and subject matters within the conferences and exhibitions division
- Creating content, both web and editorial, for the consumption of event delegation
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure that products are commercially viable
- Networking with industry specialists and attending external events
- Supporting the programme team with general administrative duties
What we are looking for:
- A candidate with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly motivated and organised with the ability to multi-task, prioritise work and meet deadlines
- A proven track record of producing high quality work and attention to detail
- A great team player with an ambitious and positive attitude
- Experience of and/or interest in technology and finance (Interest in Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain is highly desirable)
- Microsoft Office literacy and the ability to quickly learn database tools; confidence with technology and experience with social media are advantages
- 6 months experience in event production, in particular covering the subjects of technology and/or finance. This is desirable but not essential
What we offer in return:
GovNet offers a stimulating place to work with strong realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market. This role offers the selected candidate a clear path for potential career progression within the division, and possibly the company.
Whilst offering a competitive salary, holidays, great hours of work and a pension, in return we also offer an inviting work environment, working at impressive central office locations, developing yourself within an established team of professionals and creating a career fully supported by a reputable fast growing company.
The closing date for applications is: 30th November 2018