GovNet Exhibitions are currently recruiting for a fantastic entry-level content assistant for those interested in developing within the public policy events industry. We are looking for a hard-working, knowledgeable and commercially astute individual to assist the team in charge of event content across two sector-leading events.
Since 1997, Govnet has consistently delivered innovation, thought-provoking and insightful events, ranging from conference and exhibitions to training courses and forums. All of which are specifically for the Public Sector.
For almost two decades, we have provided unrivaled access to reliable and up to date information and created a platform where leading experts, high profile speakers and public sector employees can network, form partnerships and work towards a common goal.
Working with the Partnerships & Research Manager, Content Manager and Senior Content Executive to deliver year round content for the Public Sector portfolio. The Content Assistant will support the team in research, design and delivery of content across two leading exhibitions – the Public Sector Solutions Expo and HETT – Healthcare Excellence through Technology.
The role will involve developing productions skill such as: confirming speakers; obtaining speaker biographies and profile image’s; and general administrative duties to assist in the development of these and other commercially viable events based on in-depth market research into the relevant markets and topics.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Being able to work both independently, as well as part of a team to deliver high quality, CPD-standard content and use their market insight to drive growth across the portfolio
- Assisting with planning, organising and managing agenda and sessions for a series of high-profile public sector exhibitions
- Liaising with stakeholders, before, during and after events; developing and building productive relationships with speakers, sponsors and associates
- Conducting industry research to help ensure commercially successful topics and themes are included in the agenda
- Identifying and acquiring industry leaders to come on board as speakers and supporters of these events
- Identifying new and interesting public sector trends
- Supporting the marketing campaigns, and working closely with the sales and operations teams to ensure the event is successful
What we are looking for:
- Educated to degree level
- A minimum of 6 – 12 months’ B2B commercial work experience or year in industry.
- Strong commercial acumen, attention to detail, and commercial awareness
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- An entrepreneurial spirit, a deep desire to succeed and achieve goals
- Will be proactive, tenacious and determined to secure the best quality speakers within agreed deadlines
- You will need excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- You will need to have a proven track record of producing high quality work and display outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to understand the commercial implications of public policy
- A great team player with an ambitious and positive attitude
- Experience of and/or interest in Government, UK policy making institutions, key industry bodies, think tanks, and sector organisations
- A good understanding and interest in policy ideas and UK politics
What we offer in return:
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong, realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market. This role offers the selected candidate a clear path for development and potential career progression within the division, and possibly the company
Whilst offering a competitive salary, holidays, great hours of work, childcare vouchers and pension, we also offer an inviting work environment, within an impressive Central London office location, allowing you to develop yourself as part of an established team of professionals to create a career fully-supported by a reputable and fast-growing company.
The closing date for applications is: 30th December 2018