GovNet is the UK’s leading events’ company for the Public Sector, running over 400 events per year ranging from exhibitions and summits to conferences, briefings and training courses. The business has around 160 staff based in offices in London, Manchester, Blackburn and Birmingham.
Since 1997, GovNet has consistently delivered innovative, thought-provoking and insightful events, all of which, to date, are specifically for the Public Sector. For two decades, we have provided unrivalled access to high quality and up-to-date information and have created a platform where leading industry experts, high-profile speakers and public sector employees can network, form partnerships and work towards a common goal.
Our company is a highly successful and profitable organisation and has been consistently in growth mode for some years. However, in order to take us to the next level, we are entering a positive period of transition and change in terms of culture, structure, process and product.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating the marketing plans and leading the marketing campaigns for 8-10 courses at any given time
- Responsible for delegate acquisition for allocated courses
- Writing marketing copy and creating email marketing campaigns (html and text-based email marketing campaigns)
- Identifying data target markets for each course and creating the relevant data selections
- Suggesting social media avenues and making use of our social media platforms
- Using all available marketing channels to ensure training course targets are met
- Liaising with key stakeholders and potential delegates
- Analysing the overall effectiveness of marketing campaigns
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a career driven and enthusiastic candidate to join our marketing team in Understanding ModernGov. Understanding ModernGov run over 250 training courses every year, that allow professionals from across the public sector to acquire practical skills that can be applied in the workplace.
- Experience in an email / digital marketing role, or a role within the events industry
- Highly competent and efficient copywriting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great team player with an ambitious and positive attitude
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets and work under pressure
- Strong work ethic with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Candidate must be organised and efficient to balance the number of courses being worked on
- Experience in any email marketing software
- Understanding of websites and content management systems
- Experience of SEO, web and social media analytics
- An interest in the public sector
What we offer in return:
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market.
Whilst offering a competitive salary, holidays, great hours of work, a pension and childcare vouchers, in return we also offer an inviting work environment, working at impressive central office locations, developing yourself within an established team of professionals and creating a career fully supported by a reputable fast growing company.
The closing date for applications is: 30th November 2018